15 May 2013

Looking for Love...Stories

What is our obsession with love?

My husband and I were watching Warehouse 13 (Yeah! It's back on television again) and noticed in the most recent episode a little bit of admiration on both parts. It was my husband who observed the spark between the two and it made me wonder...Are we as humans obsessed with love? In shows where there are male and female counterparts, are we automatically drawn to find the possible love story?

Here are some of my favorites in no particular order:



I would be lying if I never thought about Pete and Micah getting together. They make an excellent team at snagging and bagging and in the most recent episode it appears to be more obvious that it could be heading the way of other crime-fighting partners before them. They've done it before on the show.


Another couple I was hoping to get together was Shawn Spencer and Juliet O'Hara. And boy was I deliriously happy that the writers took them on the journey.


I was more bummed than ever when the truth finally came out to Juliet. I hate to admit it, but my friend was right about TV work partner relationships, they just mess up the show. Psych was fine up until Juliet knew the truth about Shawn.



For the past four seasons I have been waiting for this very moment...





 If you haven't unloaded the weight off your DVR, SHAME ON YOU!




And last but not least, my favorite crime-fighting duo. The couple that started out as an assignment became a testament of true love.


Does anyone else cry that the show is over?

No onto a slightly different category, but not really. Here are another two couples that found love working with each other.



Over the past couple of years, I have become ensconced into all things Whovian. However, I'm ashamed to admit, that Rose Tyler was not my favorite companion for the Doctor, but there is a love story there. That's why I'm acknowledging it.


As far as companions go, I thought Donna Noble was pretty hilarious. But that's not the point.


Jim and Pam captured our hearts! They are the everyday couple that we all are with our significant others, and that's what I love about them. They are understated romantics and that's how I think most couples operate.


In the beginning


Even though these photos were for Entertainment Weekly, I would imagine Jim and Pam's wedding photos in real life would look something like this.

Now onto the love stories that developed in a matter of minutes...


Who doesn't love a scoundrel? The love story of Han and Leia is the kind I like to capture in my writing, the heated, not wanting to admit it kind of love. This scene alone, is where it all began.


A love story for the ages, I know.



The marriage that every couple wants to aspire to...


Do I really need to say more than that?


And a list isn't complete without the roommate/apartment building/friend relationships



I don't know about you, but I love Nick and Jess! They are so quirky, weird and stupid for each other. Despite what others may say, these two have Ellie and Carl written all over 'em.


The revelation during the dare was all I needed!



The most unlikeliest of romances, but Leonard and Penny manage to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when they act like a real couple. Let's just say based on my last post, this is me and the husband.






If you're thinking I'm talking about Monica and Chandler, keep on walking. Although, they are another love story for another time.



I'm a Friends Fanatic! I have the 10 seasons on DVD and have probably watched all seasons about three or four times. Even starting over, I am in agony over Ross and Rachel's relationship. Are they going to get together? And when they break up, will they get back together? They manage to keep me in suspense even though I practically know each episode if you give me the title. 


I guess if there is potential for a love story, the hopeless-romantics will find it. 

Until next time,

Lady Jane





No comments:

Post a Comment